This new class “Design Your Learning” is based on a “ Designing Your Life ” class offered at the Stanford University taught by Dave Evans and Bill Burnett. You will learn how to use the design thinking process to figure out your learning and your journey through college.
This class is open to all students and the general public, offered by the Tech Incubator at Queens College (TIQC).
This class will focus on:
- Foundational or core skills, including confidence building, communication, learning how to learn, learning to use a set of tools for reframing questions, generating ideas, prototyping experience, decision making and taking actions
- General career readiness, including a set of tools for job search and networking
We will introduce a specific set of tools to you that will enable you to
- Think about your learning view, your work view and your life view
- Find a balance along four dimensions: Work (Study), Love (Social, Relationship), Play and Health; apply learning to all four dimensions
- Come up with alternative plans for your future
- Prototype conversations and experiences for your plan
- Learn to reframe questions, make choices, make decisions, take actions and tell stories
To sign up for November sessions: <<< CLICK HERE >>>
Dates: 11/8, 11/13, 11/15, 11/20
Time: 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Location: Tech Incubator at Queens College